Thursday 6 May 2010

writer's room 5- shrine

I can look at this for ages trying to see the lovely bits and pieces on it- what looks like dragonfly magnets, beercaps with pictures of butterflies in (mmmmmmmm), candles, a vintage looking Spanish bull fighting postcard, a rosary on a wine bottle- so much atmosphere in this little space. The writer describes it as a shrine- they are not wrong .I wonder if it's on the writers desk or near it? Either way it is pretty and looks like an inspiration touchstone space.

I'm wondering how many of us have little shrine like areas in our office? I have a weird superstition of putting a copy of my book on the shelf next to writers who have a level of success I wish I could achieve, as if a copy of my book will absorb some of what they have and I can soak some of it up! That's about it though.

This shrine of matadors is beautiful. It makes me want to make a shrine of my own next time I start a new project.

4 comments:

  1. what is that little trinket box thing that looks like a bull rink? inside seem to be little bulls! it has a real charm somehow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have a shrine area but it's not in my writing room. Like the idea of putting your own books next to try and pull in success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if the shrine will change according to the writing project? does yours change Gill?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it does change, when I want to bring fresh energy in for something.

    ReplyDelete