Thursday 6 May 2010

writer's rooms 2


This one is fascinating. I loved it because it is so communal and inviting, a completely different way to how I work.

We can see two net books on either side of the table. One side has books on it, one is more sparse. This writer can write in a shared space with someone else working on something different near them. Seems to indicate incredible focus to not be distracted. It looks like a very cosy shared space. It must be someone who is very confident with their work (they will just get on with it )and has a very close and comfortable relationship. Lovely map on the wall, and a cup of tea to hand. Though there are books on one side of the table it does look organised.

What the writers says about it was really interesting : 'This is the kitchen table where my girlfriend and I work. I'm a writer, she's a graphic designer, and we have matching MacBooks because we're both geeks. Her side is the neat one with just the fruit bowl; mine is the messy one with all the notebooks and paperbacks and an empty cup. I feel that these are metaphors for our respective brains: hers is neat and healthy, and mine is just a chaos of loose papers.'

I'll post the writers names when they get back to me with what they want to say about their rooms and what they want to say about their work :)

No comments:

Post a Comment